Thursday, November 14, 2013

Dreamer

I am a dreamer; let me dream.
And as I walk beside this garden,
Fountain a'gurgling...
Enchantment, my favorite part of This street,
I soak in the morning air, the freedom to be, and I find myself dreaming
Once more.
Dreaming of what, they in nay-saying have tried to take from me-
Dreaming of vast peace,
In my own garden's
My own life
That may or may not come before me.
Dreaming of those miracles,
They try to cut me short on...
Dreaming in love.

I have been a little girl,
For a very long time.

And something in me has finally grown up
For this occasion...
Has decided to rise.

It is family and "friend" that may very well tare us down the most-
We have to be willing to still strive,
Regardless of what miracles
They may never let themselves see...
That doesn't mean
We should ever stop being willing to be,
That which we stand for.

So, yeah... I do dream...
And I look out, most the world not so much understanding,
Through the eye's I've seen.
And I'm beginning to accept now,
That perhaps, I am on a pedestal.
Call me unhumble,
I just can't stay down there in that view..
Where I can't see God,
Through the burning flesh and ash.

I have been called many things,
Maybe even many of them true...

I realize now,
I just have to stop caring...
It really is silly.

Some people will see you,
Some people won't.
Plenty will judge,
Especially those u want to the least...

Maybe,
Maybe this is why so many
Stand and walk alone.

Much less to answer to. To fight against.
To take.
Not saying it's the best way...
But I can see how there may be more peace in that...
Afterall.
In a world after us,
There are few who will not participate in taking us down.
The dreamers...the dreamers...
And how we must keep to what we see.

It is hard to explain everything I know...
And even harder when they still don't understand...
So yea...
I'll walk my walk,
And I'll dream my dream...

And So, I'm sheltering a bit now.
Because I have loved fiercely...
And let them in maybe a little too much.
Let them take on
A little too much...

And instead,
After all this time,
I'm finally enjoying that walk alone...
That stand alone...
Because it doesn't feel so lonely anymore.

The Angels Couple my hands,
And hover my back...

The breeze is sunny, and the air fresh,
And I know I stood for myself today.
Know I accepted my human parts...
Knowing it is all done.

Knowing it never meant anything...

Knowing so much,
That tears of gratitude stream.
Because I did not wrong myself this day.

And there is something that feels intrinsically good about that,

Wherever it may lead.

No comments:

Post a Comment