Friday, September 7, 2012

The Sands Unwind

I don't know how many times i've found myself at the beach this week;
The calm calling my longing heart..
'Tis no wonder I find myself here again today,
As reality slides her heels in and fastens her straps...
Like the lady of my youth declaring a night out.
My shadow has riffled hair
And a load crossed over my shoulder
That makes me think "if I had to place myself"
I look like a Venice beach girl..
I don't know what to make of it;
Moment's like this in between.
Although my gut tells me,
It's these moments like this that aren't for me;
Rather these ones
Belong to God...
Still mind.
In the last past days, I've watched my sanity wind and unwind...
Now I know,
There's a lot of me
She doesn't see...
After all this time
After all.
I don't even long for love anymore;
Rather sanctitude!
Abortion of this life and all her pain;
I am weary again!
So I lay my head in this refreshed sand
And take my time
Unwinding.

No comments:

Post a Comment