Thursday, September 19, 2024

Holy Spirit

 



Thank you...from the epitome of my essence; 

Thank you, 


For your presence. 


Holder and keeper of me, 

  Sheltered in your home. 


I appreciate these beauties, these nuances, 

These riches 


You nourish me with. 


I appreciate the hot water and the ice

  the healing showers and the scalding temperature 

against limbs that ache as they grow an endurance 

  Upon this land, yours. 


You have birthed me, fed me, enriched me

  Given me sight 

 and cosmic calamity, 


in a remarkable manner. 


I am your child, your beloved, 

  unwrapped in your great wing. 


How can I say thank you, my sweet Spirit, as the words fall detached? 


What grace do they hold to the feeling here? 

When I say Thank you...


  I mean it. 


Thank you. 





No comments:

Post a Comment