Friday, May 23, 2014

The Sea

In the things I see...

Well yes....
Of course there is you....

But also... 
 
In these things...

There are eyes and true believers...

There is a peace that circumnavigates, 
Like a low buzz that veins through 
ALL, (yes ALL) 
Of life. 

In the things I see, 
The memory of gratitude fades often, 
Like a continuous dimming light...

And when it is blown, 
It flickers, 
And dances once again, 
Reminding us...

It gleams on.

I lose my soul often during the day, though I say I don't- 
Dealing with the world, and it's dismay, 
All while seeking to "find" myself. 

And little ships that come, 
To rock my mighty sea, 
Do indeed, stir my undercurrents. 

I pause often, 
War enough with myself...
 
To let them pass, and pass by me...
These tiny ships. 

Some of them like to stay

No comments:

Post a Comment