Monday, September 29, 2014

Fleeting

The city is lonely, getting off work, and looking at the far dark distance, 
Lights hovering to an almost black ocean, 
And the wind beckoning me. 

A search for peace 
Leads me to the memories in her 
I had to let go...
And I sit back and let it fall into me, how she will be gone soon, like Summer..

And just like I predicted. 
But, she only comes In, 
After him, 
As I read the night sky, 
And sigh, 
Knowing it never had to come to this. 

So instead, 
I walk out alone, from a job I tell myself to be grateful for..
And I repress the fleeting feeling, that longs, for the suffering to be eased. 
Companionship, the cure to a droning society...

But it is no cure for me. 
Just like, it almost feels, 
There is no place for me either. 

I let it be fleeting- knowing it's all something I have to let go. 
Also knowing, 
That's all I know, 
And I'm tired of ripping pieces from my soul, only to watch them leave. 

No other choice but for it to be okay. 
What it was, wasn't love anyway. 




No comments:

Post a Comment