Friday, September 19, 2014

As Mean as You Seem

Dear man...

I love you. 

Perhaps I always did. 
Perhaps I always will. 

You will yourself at me. 
Towards me. 
Against me. 

I play, because indeed, a victim may fall in her own innocence;

A heart unriddled. 

And though I love you, 
It is my love 
That will not succumb, 
Though you think I have. 

We both, can play and say. 
We both, also know what lays deep. 

You, 
Push me to leave me, 
And I watch and let you, glad. 

We both know. 
We both know we love me more than that. 

I, also, love you more than that. More than letting you, 
Hurt me. 

It is a foolish heart, that believes in you, my sweetheart. 
But what a smart heart, to know, it is not the time, and I am not the one. 

I love you. 
Maybe you understand what I mean. 
Like how loving you, could also be the worst thing for me, if we let you inch any closer. 

So, I even love you for looking out for me, as mean, as mean, as you seem. 



No comments:

Post a Comment