Tuesday, September 13, 2016

The Poker Trot

Belated. 
Like a sinkhole, the world is pulled in, over itself. 

I love, and it drips off my heart and lips like wet paint and charcoaled fingertips. 

Fooled, I ever am, loving the male gender this day and age- so easily plains float in space, with the threat of one falling off. 

Cowering, I take shelter under my vanity. The world crumbles, and trivial ties are lost in the storm. So are lessons. 

Kissing you, was like kissing in the rain, hair wet, and against my face, along with your hand rearing me.  Yet I believe I must of fawled up somehow, watching opportunities pass in what has become a lonely epitome of the era.  

I loved you for the moment in time you would let me in, and knew, it would not be long before cards are shown.  You won the pot, but I had the Aces the whole time. Your winning hand and mine was mere luck, 

And now, 
We dance. 


No comments:

Post a Comment