Saturday, March 18, 2023

The Ten

 



My heart breaks in silent 

  Compound fractures 

With every whisper of the alcohol on your breath. 


My heart dies a little, everyday, 

  Eating it's own allies, as the taken for-granted leaves less and less light 

 To live by. 


I am a waste-away, haunted shell-like hollow- 

  Chasing a billowing smoke 

That casts a shadow 

On the rendered near. 


Exposed, for what I could never amount to, 

 A vessel forlorn with the grief 

  Of bad luck, 

But heartbreak the 10 daggers. 


Ever emerging from the darkest ash, 

  From an even deeper chasm in the earths hollow mound, 


I am only me, when I am turning over, 

 In transition 

  Between ivory towers 

Dying a death in love. 


Confused in love

 Wanting none of it


Rendered null against your Sun

 losing 

Self. 


Feeling perhaps as small...

  As you want me. 


Back into the darkness

  I fall. 

  Once more. 


10 daggers below. 


And then 

 

I will Rise. 

No comments:

Post a Comment