Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Savior

 



Savior


I will find your kingdom, I will. 

  

Promise. 


While the streets are patrolled, 

 And the underground trafficked...


I will find you. 

I will. 


I will sift through your Holy Book, 

 and I will sift through theirs...


And I will count the lost tracks I have left behind, 

 As I stumble into the abyss, aiming for Your Light. 


I take up the pieces from the streets, 

 Teddy bears covered in splattered blood, 

Baby shoes left in piles....

 

I will cry and press on, weeping for these your children, my kin. 


All I see is dust and disparity, 

  Death in their eyes and depravity...


I am trembling and anxious in fear, 

  But it is my walk, 

And I will not stop- 


I will find your kingdom, 


And beg you. I will beg you...

To help these people....


And know that it is still a long shot. 


Why then, 

 Do we, your children, remain so devoted to you? 


I will never know, stumbling through to your light. 


Is it that the Devil got ahold? 

 What power of you against him? 


The children, 

They are raped. 

Their lives are sacrificed. 

Their cold naked bodies, thrown away. 


Where are you then? 

Who puts upon them this to endure? 

Tainting their souls forever. 

Breaking them past many lifetimes. 


What, 

If they can not evolve? As they tread water, as they drown? What of them God? 


Where is your Holy Power? 

Your Holy Place? 


Where is this savior, so many thought themselves promised? 


I will....


Find you one day. 


I will.  


I think we are all, 

Expecting some answers. 

Especially those of us, 


That still believe in you. 


 

No comments:

Post a Comment