Monday, July 25, 2016

Shadow of the Knight

Never a White Knight,
Much rather, a demon's shadow. 

     You will never rescue me, 
Or come to my window, 
  Or understand the tears that keep my heart light by crying mascara clear. 

The dark in me, once hollow, has reared, and is a hell of a Shell.  
    The air and sunsetting are ever temporate to the ways I have loved you and always will.  Needing to say adeu 
     To you, 
And having ever tried; 
  This hour a bit more different,
and these eyes, more many times died,
     means simply, 

I have a different resilience this time... 
  And loving them, has helped me, to poison the umbellical chord between you and I, that keep this pull a go.  

Nay, it was not because they have loved me better; rather because, they, like you, all had the jaws of a snake. 

     If anything matters 
         Anymore, or ever- 
I could not tell you. 

     All I know instead, is how the fire has forged me, taking with it, even my sanity at times. 
     The fire does this,
                not? 

No comments:

Post a Comment