Monday, August 12, 2013

What they don't tell you in school

Drowning.
I hate words and their inability to depict the way sound does;
Song..
But I am too uninspired anyway,
And drowning in the despair.
Wretched.
Lost,
And losing something.
Reaching out
Into cold, open air..
No-one there.

The world seeks to make me it's enemy after it had taken my treasures from me,
And then the rest
Think me faulty,
Frail,
When I cry and whimper,
When I find myself walking out of and against
Only more despair.
I am starting to think like them;
How it IS my fault
For putting myself there..
But running running,
I fin some white,
And how quickly it can shade to grey,
Then black.

Cages. Bars. Barriers.
Sinking ships.
Voices submerged.
Even heard?
Ever?
Treaturous it is,
Even swimming in these waters...
And I've formed a beast..
Letting it go on,
And grow,
And heave
The way we do...

The way they do..
The way
I
Do...

Love.
Love has me in bed
Not so sure of who I am anymore.
Not so sure, there is cause to be okay..
Am
I
Drowning?

Did I drill
These holes?

None of it has me able to move
From this sinking ship.
Instead..
I lay here in bed..
Drowning..
Knowing everything I
Am BEING
Is everything I struggle so hard not to be.

-signed
The Life of an Artist

No comments:

Post a Comment