Thursday, June 20, 2024

Love

 



How many ways do you love me? 

 How many? 


Could you count them, or imagine? 

  Are they days of daydreams beachside?


Are they hours of rolling around in the sheets, 

  Lazy lions atop one another?


Is it there in the quiet moments between us, eyes silent with tell all? 


Do you see me peaking out, doey gaze, 

  Eyes sparkling in your arms of laughter? 


Is it there in the way you put your arms around me, and take me in? My entire essence... a breeze imprinted in your memory, 


And bedtime's long hours, 


And dreams next to touching skins, 

 Hair intermingled in loose fingers, 


    Melodious kisses forged into my love letters 

Against your cheek, perking under my 


Love for you. 


Look into my soul, and do what it is you please...


For I, my sweet love, am all yours, 


Enraptured, pitted, and my heart plucked out and given you. 


Will you do nothing? 


Or will you strike the match and reveal to me which bridges burn? 


Will you tell me, all the ways you love me? 


Or will you show me? 

  for I would like to know. 












No comments:

Post a Comment